South West Swim Terms and Conditions of Booking & Sales
This page contains South West Swims Terms and Conditions for Coaching Services and Retail Services, along with our privacy statement. Should you have any questions on the information contained please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please refer to your relevant section of interest for the terms associated with that service.
South West Swim Coaching Services
Please read through these terms and conditions carefully before committing to your booking with South West Swim. Agreeing to these terms forms part of your booking contract between yourself and South West Swim.
- I certify that I am physically fit and have no pre-existing medical conditions that would affect me swimming in open water
- I will follow all rules and orders from the South West Swim coaches, as well as those of the lifeguards and lake Staff where the course or event is being undertaken. As such, I commit to only entering and exiting the water at designated points and at the times stipulated by the organisers.
- I understand the dangers associated with swimming, in particular in open water, including the potential for serious injury, death and loss of property, and thereby agree to assume responsibility for all associated risks
- I agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless South West Swim and its coaches from any liability arising from any Injury, death or loss of property as detailed in item 3.
- I hereby waive any and all rights of action against South West Swim and its coaches for all injuries arising out of my participation in an open water swimming or coaching session held by South West Swim.
- Payment – I agree to pay South West Swim for the services offered after acceptance onto the course. Payment is due in full at the time of booking and is scheduled via our booking system Payment methods accepted are MASTERCARD & VISA.
- Additional payment methods may be used on arrangement and at the discretion of South West Swim. We are able to take cash payments and Paypal payments for some goods and services.
For all sessions please note any time limits on your session credits that are in force. Some of our packages have a time limit for the sessions credits to be used by. If there is an issue with any time limits imposed please discuss with us.
Any offer codes, promotional codes or special offers are at the descretion of south west swim and can be withdrawn or refused at any time. Any trial codes offered for squads, 1-2-1’s or other services are one time use only per customer. Multiple use of a trial code is not allowed and the booking will be invalid for those sessions.
- Stated session times do NOT nessasarily indicate the in water time received. The prices paid per session are for the session slot time. We always aim to give you as much water time as possible during the slot but we may need to cover safety or experience aspects, which is part of the session time, as is any other conversation we have with the swimmer.
There are no refunds or part refunds for any session that finishes early, for any reason. This includes the swim coach deciding that environmental factors such as temperature , swimmer ability or other factors warrant ending the session early. We always have your safety first and will try and give prior warning of any temperature concerns that we have for your session, however this may not always be possible. Please bare this in mind when booking your session, especially in the early spring or Autumn (but not exclusively as everybody has different temperature tolerances).
- Cancellation by Customer –Important policy, please read carefully and refer to your specific booking type.
1-2-1 Sessions & Video Analysis Sessions (applies to Open Water, Endless Pool & Traditional Pool Bookings for this service type):
Any cancellations made in the 48 hours prior to a booked 1-2-1 sessions or 1-2-1 Video Analysis and Stroke Correction Session will be charged at full rate. This also applies to no shows for the booked session. By registering for a session, you agree to these terms.
Squad Sessions (applies to Open Water & Pool bookings for this session type):
Any cancellations for booked squad sessions in the 24 hours before the session commences will be charged at full rate, i.e. a credit will be deducted. Please help us help offer everyone a better coaching service by opting out of any session you know you can’t attend prior to the 24 hours before that session. Doing so releases your spot to the wait list and allows someone else to benefit. This also applies to no shows for the booked session. By registering for a session, you agree to these terms.
Workshop & Bespoke Sessions (Applies to any workshop bookings based in Pool, Endless Pool or Open Water, including day clinics, but excluding full camps):
Any cancellations made in the 5 days prior to a booked workshop, specialist session or bespoke session will be charged at full rate unless a replacement swimmer can be sought. This also applies to no shows for the booked session. By registering for a session, you agree to these terms.
Cancellation by South West Swim – I understand that South West Swim may need to cancel or reschedule sessions or courses owing to external factors. This includes, but is not limited to; external commitments out of our control, weather, lake operators instructions. Where sessions need to be cancelled by South West Swim a full refund will be offered or an alternative date will be suggested for the session / course. We will try and give as much notice as possible of any cancelled sessions. South West Swim will not be accountable for any loss or personal expenses as part of a cancellation.
- Equipment – I understand that it is my responsibility as a swimmer to provide necessary equipment to take part in a South West Swim Session. Items required include a swimming wetsuit, bright coloured swimming cap and Goggles, neoprene swim gloves and Swim booties are optional but highly reccomended in early or late season. I understand that if I do not have this equipment at the session lake entry may be refused and no refund can be offered in these circumstances.
Chill swim tow floats are available to use in all our sessions and are recommended to be used by all newcomers to the sport. At times South West Swim may state that groups or individuals must wear a tow float during the session.Additional training equipment is recommended for our pool sessions to help you get the best from the session, further details can be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of kit will be advised at the time of booking.
- Wetsuit use – Wetsuits must be used in most sessions held by South West Swim. However we understand some of our athletes like to train without a wetsuit and this can be accommodated at the discretion of South West Swim’s Coaching staff. Should an athlete take part in a session without a wetsuit this is at their own risk.
- Lake / Pool Operators – I understand that South West Swim uses various lakes and swimming pools for its coaching sessions and events. These venues have their own rules and regulations and I agree to be bound by these. I also understand that if I am refused entry to the lake or pool facility this is not the responsibility of South West Swim. Please treat the lake / Pool facility and the staff with respect and follow direction from the staff as required.
- Swim Groups – I understand that the swim group recommended to me was assessed from the swim questionnaire. South West Swim reserves the right to move swimmers into other groups depending on their ability. If another group or service cannot be offered then a full refund will be offered for any outstanding monies paid.
- Video Copyright – South West Swim retain copyright on all video and photography taken within it’s swim sessions. This includes specific Video analysis sessions. South West Swim and its coaches may use these images and videos at its discretion in any promotional or online content (including social media, website and email).
- Weather – In the event of extreme adverse weather conditions South West Swim may need to cancel or postpone the session. In this event an alternative date or time will be arranged and if the athlete cannot make this date they will be entitled to a refund of any monies paid. South west swim are not liable for any costs incurred for cancellation or postponement except that of the session fee.
- Risk Assessments, Health and safety – South West Swim carry out a site risk assessment every month at our lake coaching sites and amend any details where applicable. The safety of you (our swimmers and athletes) is paramount to us.
South West Swim Retail Sales Services
The below terms and conditions are for the sale of any products by south West Swim that are not coaching services, please read carefully as these form part of your contract with South West Swim when purchasing Swimming / Triathlon products from us.
- You can place an order with South West Swim by visiting the website at www.southwestswim.co.uk or our other domains www.southwestswimshop.co.uk & www.southwestswimstore.co.uk
- You are deemed to have placed an order by following the online purchase options and proceeding through to payment via the checkout page. Please note that you have the opportunity to check your order before processing the payment.
- Upon submission of the order you will receive an email detailing your purchases.
- South West Swim use PayPal payment services for processing your orders. All on-line transactions (sales and refunds) will be via PayPal. Sales made at other venues or our pop up shops can be PayPal via card machine or Cash.
- South West Swims acceptance of the order occurs when the goods are despatched. We may notify you at any time before this to advise that the order has not been accepted or you cancel the order. Reasons for this could include:
a) Stock is not available to fulfil the order and the goods may not be available for some time
b) If there has been a pricing error by either ourselves or our suppliers
c) An error has occurred in the products description
d) there is a problem with your payment, or a suspected problem with your payment or account.
- Order Cancellation:
a) You may cancel your order any time before it is despatched at no cost.
b) If the order has already been despatched then you will have to return the items to us at your cost. A refund will be given once the goods are received by South West Swim, less original postage costs and a 10% restocking fee.
- If you should wish to cancel your order please mail us as soon as possible at Swim@southwestswim.co.uk
- Should you change your mind you can return your good to us within 28 days from the date of ordering. In this event postage costs for the return will be borne by you. A refund will be given when the goods are received at South West Swim, less the original postage charge and a 10% restocking fee.
IMPORTANT: All returns must be returned to South West Swim unopened , unused and undamaged with all original labels and tags intact and present. Wetsuits and any other Swimming / Triathlon kit must NOT be worn or taken into the water (lake or pool). Please remember that Wetsuit and swimsuit materials are fragile, damaged products or those we suspect of being used will not be refunded or replaced.
- South West Swim will check products (where possible) for damage before it is despatched by us.
- South West Swim reserve the right to question or refuse a return if they suspect the terms in clause 8 have not been met.
- Custom kit ordered (such as printed items or personalised items) cannot be returned unless their is a fault with the product
- Items ordered especially for you (such as race skins or other swimwear) cannot be returned unless their is a fault with the product. Please ensure you have sized yourself correctly to ensure a good fit as stated on the manufacturers size charts. Please ask us if you require assistance with sizing guides at Swim@southwestswim.co.uk
- Where faulty goods are advised to us we will endeavour to get this sorted as quickly as possible. We may need to refer fault claims to our suppliers and you accept that we must adhere to the suppliers terms and conditions for faulty goods investigation.
- Postage and packing costs are additional and calculated at the checkout.
- Goods are sent out by south West Swim as quickly as possible and we aim to have your goods delivered within 3-5 working days
- Collection service is available from collection points advised on the website. Times of collection will be stated when the order is placed at either a designated time or by special request.
- Currently we only deliver to addresses in the United Kingdom
- South West Swim may also offer a local delivery service to the Swindon area, this is on arrangement.
- South West Swim aim to bring you the very best in service at all times. Please contact us in the first instance should their be any problems with your order or ordering process.
Payments & Refunds
- South West Swim accept payment by Bank Transfer or PayPal. Cash or cheques payments can also be made on arrangement for our coaching services. Cash payment can be made for lakes side sales of product.
- On-line transaction payments and refunds are governed by PayPal’s T&C’s. Please see the following link regarding PayPal refunds as these can take time to appear in the recipients account, This is out of the control of South West Swim. PayPal Link (external)
South West Swim Privacy Statement
- At South West Swim we will never disclose your information to third parties other than when order details are processed through our payment services, PayPal or Paysafe / Netbanx
- Any Personal data asked for when booking a South West Swim Coaching session will not be disclosed to third parties in person or electronically. The only exception to this rule is the disclosure of any medical details in the case of a medical emergency to a person involved in one of our sessions, as we have a duty of care to provide you with the best assistance in these instances..
- All Data captured as part of booking a coaching service is stored safely and securely. We are currently using the Mindbody system for booking Services who are GDPR compliant. we will soon be switching to the Wellness Living booking platform who again will host data in a GDPR compliant manner.
We may occasionally capture data from our swimmers in a google form, we will always advise why we want to capture any information of this nature and this information will be stored securely, we use Google for work services to accomplish this and the forms would be Google Forms.
- Images and Video Analysis footage may be taken in your swimming session, of which we have the right to share on Social media and our website. You may opt out of this process by mailing us at Swim@southwestswim.co.uk and lead the subject of your email with OPT OUT PHOTOGRAPHY.
- We will store images and video analysis footage on our hard drives and cloud back up services.