South West Swim are the leading provider of Open Water Swim & Triathlon Swim Coaching in the Cotswolds and we are proud to announce our Introduction to Open Water Swimming Workshops for 2020. We believe they are unrivalled in content and delivery. These sessions will be held from both Lake86 and Lake32
2020’s Clinics are available to book now, all dates provisional dependant on Temperature of the water / Air. 11 degrees is our minimum temperature to start our coaching sessions, If the water temperature is too low we will advise nearer the session time and will reschedule your session appropriately.
All the below workshop dates are one off workshops .Plan your date early and receive an early bird discount price of £35! Avaialble until the end of February.
18th April, 10:30am – 13:00 (approx) – Lake86
19th April 7:30am – 10:00 (approx) – Lake32
9th May 10:30am – 13:00 (approx) – Lake86
14th May 17:30 – 20:00 (approx) – Lake TBC
23rd May 7:30am – 10:00 (approx) – Lake32
More dates will be published in the spring
Cost: £40 (early bird bookings until the end of February at £35)
Location: Waterland Outdoor Pursuits (lake32) & Cotswold Waterpark Hire (lake86) See Location section for further details.
About: The South West Swim Introduction to Open Water Swimming Workshops are aimed at athletes who are looking to get into Open Water Swimming for the first time or those wishing to improve basic skills and confidence levels in Open Water. This workshop session will provide you with the skills and confidence to tackle a first Open Water or Triathlon swim event, or just educate and improve the swim of the non competitive swimmer looking for that new and exciting challenge.
These workshops are multi ability for front crawl swimmers aged 16 and above (junior sessions available from May), however we do ask that you can swim at least 400m non stop front crawl in a pool environment. If you are unable to swim this distance please contact us as we can provide alternative sessions for you or your group.
This workshop has been updated for 2020 and is around 2 / 2.5 hours in total length. Actual water time will vary depending on the water temperature at the time of the session. We start the session with a briefing, as well as showing you how to put on a wetsuit (handy if you have not done this before) and then hit the water to have some fun, running through acclimatisation, confidence, and basic open water skills. We will be working to Swim England Level 1 Certification Standard (certificate & Badge available for a small additional fee)
We believe our workshops are unrivalled in content and delivery and Included in your Session Workshop is:
- Lake Entry Fee
- South West Swim Swim Swimzi Silicone Swim Hat
- Loan of Tow Floats or Tow Woggles for the session to increase visibility, safety and peace of mind in the water (also available to purchase at a discounted rate)
- Up to two fully qualified ASA Open Water Specialist Coaches (Dependant on numbers of swimmers). Coaches Jason Tait & Colin Jones offer vast experience of Open Water Swimming, Pool Swimming, Club Swimming, Triathlon Swimming with each coaching swimmers from total beginners through to world and national champion athletes.
Jason Tait is a full time professional swimming coach and one of the leading open water coaches in the UK having worked with some of the biggest companies and names in the industry, writing for Swim England Open Water and helping develop the STA Open Water Swim Coaching Qualification, taken by many aspiring open water coaches up and down the country.
- Fully Certified Swim Smooth Coach (Jason Tait) and Swim Smooth Methodologies used by all coaches.
- South West Swim Introduction To Open Water Swimming Guide, sent before the session so you can read up on some important information.
- 30 Days Free Premium Access to the amazing www.swimsmooth.guru. A huge resource of swimming instruction videos and materials with links to all the areas we will cover in the workshop
- Swim Smooth Guide to Open Water Swimming
- A sample set for to get familiar with the skills learnt, in your own session (via the swimsmooth.guru)
- Delivery by coaches with a true passion about swimming, both pool and open water with a huge range of experience in both swimming themselves and coaching athletes of all standards, from total beginners to national level swimmers and those representing their country
- 5% Discount code for items from our retail store (excludes wetsuits)
- Sessions will have a maximum of 20 participants (coaching ratio of a max 10:1) to ensure a fantastic learning experience is had by all
To participate all swimmers will need to bring:
- Wetsuit (triathlon/swimming wetsuit NOT a tri suit) – optional in temperatures over 20 degrees on SWS coaches written approval but wetsuits are still recommended for these sessions due to the stop start nature of skills development. We do offer very good prices on the Zone3 range of Wetsuits which we can obtain for you via Zone3 directly. Please contact us to get your exclusive SWS Team discount.
- Bright coloured swim cap (or two), We provide a South West Swim hat as part of your session fee.
- Swimming gloves and booties are optional.
- A swimming tow float, such as the Swim Secure Tow Float / Dry Bag Range. These are loaned to you as part of the session so don’t worry if you don’t have your own, or they are available on our website.
- Upon booking you will receive a 10% off code for use in our retail store on products (Not valid for Wetsuit purchases)
SWS Bespoke, a tailored session to meet your needs or your clubs needs:
a swimmer wishes to have a more informal session (i.e. wishes to swim breaststroke or is particularly nervous about Open water) please contact me and we can arrange a shorter 1-2-1 session or a group session if there are enough swimmers with similar requirements.
If you have any questions email Jason@southwestswim.co.uk | www.southwestswim.co.uk