Helping you find & build your swim potential with our swim squads (group training)
If you’re looking for a truly flexible approach to your squad swimming, with world class Swim Smooth Certified coaching, productive sessions and amazing swim / lane mates, then look no further.
What Is A South West Swim Squad?
South West Swim Squads are group training sessions
Swimming with others in a group set cup is an amazing way to boost your swimming potential. Our sessions give you a great opportunity to swim a session with other like minded swimmers, performing the same session under coached guidance from a fully qualified coach.
Where are the sessions based?
Our squad sessions are based in Swindon, using both the Link Centre and the historic Milton Road Health Hydro. We have Athletes who travel from Bath, Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham to take part in our squads.
When are they?
We currently host 5 sessions every week, 2 of which are 90 minute sessions.
Each session has a different focus and we work on everything from pure technique sessions through to pacing development and endurance swims, we even throw in some sprint work to cover the whole training level spectrum.
Flexible PAYG sessions to fit in with your busy life
Unlike other coaches and clubs you only pay for the sessions you can attend on a PAYG basis, multi-buy sessions of 5 or 10 sessions are available, as well as single sessions. All sessions are booked online, with swimmers able to book any session with availability, so you are not stuck with the same day and time week in week out. This makes our sessions as flexible as possible to suit those with busy work and family lives.
If you can’t make a session you simply cancel it and if this is done within 24 hours of the session start time you will not be charged for the session. Any session cancelled outside of this window, or a no show is charged as if you attended.
South West Swim squads are coached by fully qualified coaches
All of our sessions are coached by fully qualified Swim England coaches with experience in coaching both adults and junior swimmers in competitive pool swimming, open water swimming and triathlon.
Head coach Jason is also Swim Smooth certified, a Swim England Level 2 coach & teacher and a fully qualified aquaphobic specialist coach.
See our ‘ About Us’ page for more information’
- Training in a group gives your swimming a real boost. Work with others, meet new friends, be part of a real community of swimmers.
- A choice of upto 5 sessions a week, swim once, swim twice, swim 5 times! it’s up to you.
- Truly flexible squad membership – Choose and pay for the sessions you want to attend at a frequency that suits you. You don’t need to stick to the same number of sessions or the same days each week.
- Exclusive discounts available on SWS services and multi-buy squad session packs
- Flexible purchase options from individual sessions to packs of 5 or 10 to use over time. (sessions and packs have non extendable expiration dates)
- Sessions that are broken down into key focuses, so you know what type of session you will be receiving to fine tune your development.
- Exclusive access to swimsmooth guru an online tool to compliment your swimming development.
*Access will change to discounted access to a new system soon, details tbc.
- Pre & Post session emails to keep you fully informed
- Team Kit available
Drop us a message
Use the form below to contact us, we will get back to you as soon as possible. If you prefer to use traditional email then drop an mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us via telephone
We are always happy to talk and you can reach Head Coach Jason Tait on 07751793234.
But due to being pool and lakeside most of the time we may not be able to answer straight away. Please do leave a message, or better still drop us an email, and we will get back to you straight away.
Want to see us face to face online?
With so many forms of communication to use we are more than happy to hold a Facetime, Skype, Zoom, Messenger call with you. This allows us to meet, before we have.....well met. Drop us a line and we can arrange a suitable time for this to take place.