A new session type, and new concept and focus for our 1-2-1 offerings at South West Swim.
Introducing our HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Swim Workout.
This session is a HIIT concept based session (High Intensity Interval Training) whereby we will get you swimming short, fast intervals using different exercises, timings and training aids to give you a full on workout in our Endless pool, that will be both challenging and fun. The session will get you swimming to time in the endless pool, at a pace which is tough but which you should be able to push for the set repetition period. This will then be accompanied by a controlled rest period (or an active recovery) before the next repetition is started. We will introduce different lengths, timings, paces, drills and training aids to really get you feeling it.
This session type is coached by Jason Tait, however it is not a technical session or video session, it is a fast paced workout session with the aim of building fitness. We can adapt the session to your own speed and can cater for most abilities of front crawl swimmer, if in doubt please feel free to contact us by phone or email.. If you require a more technical / stroke correction session please look at our Endless Pool Video Analysis Sessions or our Endless Pool 1-2-1 sessions.
The session is 40-45 mins long, so ideal to slot into a lunch break. Available as single sessions or packs of 3 or 6
We current have restrictions in place on our services to keep coaches, swimmers and our neighbours safe. Our full rules can be found HERE but highlights of the important points you should know before booking are below. Please note that if you cannot meet any of the criteria for our sessions then we will be unable to take your booking at this time.
– We can currently only accommodate swimmer and coach. No spectators are allowed in the building, premises neither can they remain in the car waiting whilst you swim. If you are being driven to your session then please be dropped off and advise your driver to leave the premises. This is in the interests of our neighbours.
– Exception to the above rule is for Junior sessions and back to back 1-2-1 sessions (back to back questions only available on request and for those from the same household). In these case only ONE parent or the additional swimmer is allowed and they MUST wear a face mask at all times whilst on our premises, this is not negotiable and if this is not possible we will not be able to accept the booking. We are unable to accommodate any young children as spectators on site.
– We currently have no toilet facilities available for swimmers to use, apologies. The closest facilities would be at the Orbital Retail park, around a 5 minute drive away. It is likely you may pass this if you are en route to us from the A419.
– Changing facilities are limited, please arrive Beach ready with your costume already on under your clothes
– If you feel unwell please DO NOT attend your session under any circumstances
Please see full document and view our instructional video before coming to your session, or booking (if you have specific concerns). South West Swim reserve the right to refuse your session if our guidelines are not being met, this will forfeit your session fee.